Good orchard hands have the opportunity to grow into a block supervisor role. This is a hands on job working with staff on day to day on all the activities of growing great fruit.
- Plans and leads fertilising and spraying tasks on assigned blocks to ensure work is performed accurately,
- Monitors irrigation programmes and responds as needed,
- Ensures pruning is performed to maximize regrowth for the following season with an efficient use of allocated staff and resources,
- Ensures all thinning programmes are performed with an efficient use of staff and the work is completed with balanced growth for optimum fruit maturity,
- Plans and coordinates staff requirements for the harvest in association with other orchard management and ensures crop picking is achieved in accordance with company quality and productivity standards,
- Leads and effectively manages permanent and seasonal staff in orchard operations to achieve the goals and objectives of Birdhurst,
- Contributes to health and safety leadership by ensuring all health and safety plans are complied with and staff are fully engaged in health and safety in their work areas.
For more information or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org